Sunday, October 19, 2008

Zooper Day!


It was a sunny and beautiful day full of the sounds of animals and children joined together like a song, thats right we went to the Guatemala Zoo! I thought for a science activity we would all pack up and make to trip to the zoo, 17 people and one 4-runner later we were there. Mary and I were excited to see that to take everyone was very much doable with our HELP funds. The kids really enjoyed seeing all the exotic animals, and I have to say that I think I enjoyed it just as much if not more! The only sad thing was that it made me miss my frogs back at home..
Guillermo dropped all of us off in the morning and took off to run some errends. We had five volenteers (Mary, Renee, Young-hee (a volenteer from korea that came just for the days for about two weeks), Mike, and Me) and 9 kids at the zoo that day. We left the babies home because it would have been absolute chaos with them at the zoo!
Brando fell asleep half way through and I got to hold him, it was wonderful for me because when he is awake he rarley cuddles.

The kids were all so happy and cute at the zoo and it made me really happy.


We took a break in the middle to go visit some of Guillermo´s friends that were close by and them went back to the zoo. This time Guillermo joined us, the kids love him so much and were excited to have him with us.
We all piled back into the car for the ride home and on the way Guillermo pulled over and showed us that city at night, it was beautiful!




3 comments:

Ryan and Jess said...

Marissa! Oh how I adore you! Mom told me about your blog so I added you and now I can check in on you everyday! You are so wonderful and such a great example to me of selflessness. Those kids will benefit so much from having you in their eveyday lives. Send me your email one more time so that I can add you to my blog... or have I already done that? I can't remember! Anyway, love and miss you!

Jess

Marissa Latimer said...

hey there! my e-mail is mlats-11@hotmail.com! i´d love to see your blog and keep in touch!!
peace
marissa

Scott & Adie said...

Missy!! I am so glad you are blogging about your experiences in Guatemala. Now we can feel a little part of it. It sounds like you are loving it and the people -- especially those darling little people.

love you,
Adrienne