Friday, November 7, 2008

Haloween and My Birthday!

At 4:30 in the morning, October 30, I was woken very loud and familiar sound for firecrackers, but they were much closer and so much louder then ever before! Then the whole orphanage crouded into my room, all the kids, workers, and everyone! They came in singing a cluster of birthday starting with one that talks about how its early and they are sorry for waking me with all the noise but its a special day...... then the birthday song... and then a song about cake and how they want it now even though its early.... and then they counted up to my age.. UNO... DOSE.... DIEZ.... DIEZ Y OCHO... DIEZ Y NUEVE!!!! It was such a funny and adorable tradition that I was so excited to be a part of!
I guess the history with that, and to answer the question I have had since we got here of why the fire crackers go off all night, is that it is a birthday thing! They light off the firecrackers and wake up singing to the birthday person! Its a very fun way to start the day. I came downstairs, after going back to bed from the crazy waking, and there was a sign for me in the kitchen. The girls were so excited to see me in the morning because they were going to let me shower first (It was actually warm, for once!) and they were going to straighten my hair and get me all ready for the day! This is everyone before they came in singing to me! My birthday sign!! I was so excited to see it!Our pretend costumes! Pretty good huh?We made masks for my craft hour! It was fun and the kids had a great time! Props to Liz, it was her idea and she put it all together! Mary and I made cake for Haloween! It was YUMMY!

This is Renee, he is a STUD! He was a cute jester!The girls looked BEAUTIFUL!We played a game where the kids had to look for a gummy worm in a bowl full of whipped cream without using thier hands. We made a huge mess and had a great time!I cheated...


Mary and I plan messy and fun activities!

No comments: